Ottawa Tanning Salon
& Feel the Warmth
2022 Best Tanning Salon
Winner of the 2022 best tanning salon award with 95% excellence rating
We're open 7 days a week and have long hours
U.V. TANNING UNITS
Ready To Achieve the Tan You Want Today?
We have plenty of contract-free and pay-as-you-go options
Modern, Clean & Professional
We guarantee a clean tanning bed every time!
Smart Tan Certified & Trained
Our tanning salon goes through rigorous training & certification to safely administer U.V to our customers
Our extra large free parking lot is available for your convenience
Great Hours & Open Holidays
Open long hours & 7-days a week
Enjoy modern tanning beds equipped with three facials (with the ability to turn off)
Open for 41+ Years
One of Ottawa's original tanning salons, since 1982. We're here to stay
Short Video On U.V
with one of our hand-picked lotions.
- How much UVA and UVB do your tanning units have?All of our tanning units have 95-97% UVA and 4-6% UVB. Tanning is natural and results in the same results whether it is done at home or in an indoor ottawa tanning salon. Sunbeds provide complete control of the brightness and duration of a session, which minimizes the risk of uneven tanning or sunburn. Benefits of UVB
- Gives you Vitamin-D
- It helps fight psoriasis & eczema. Source.
- Is it true that indoor tanning gives you Vitamin D?Yes – both indoor and outdoor tanning gives you tons of vitamin D. One tanning session on our premium beds gives you between 80-100 glasses of milk worth of Vitamin D. That’s around 10’000 IUI's of Vitamin D. Vitamin-D helps fight prostate, ovarian, colon and breast cancer. Vitamin D is “The Sunshine Vitamin” which is produced in sufficient amounts in the body from sunlight exposure. Though you may not need to get a tan in the sun to make vitamin D, it is important to know that tanning in equipment with UVB will also produce vitamin D.
- Can I just close my eyes? Or do I have to wear tanning goggles?You absolutely have to wear eye protection. Just closing your eyes is not enough; the UVA will penetrate your eyelids and damage your eye. The Ontario government requires you to wear eye protection at all times with all of our tanning units. We sell disposable and permanent tanning goggles
- How often can I tan?To build a tan, tan on a regular basis. Don’t let your tan spend too much time between visits or start to fade. It is recommended that between each session you wait 36-48 hours to allow your tan to grow completely between visits. You can grow your tan by rising indoor tan time gradually and tanning 2 to 3 days per week. When you’ve got a tan, one or two days a week you should keep it tanning.
- Can I get a tan after one session?Yes, each tanning session darkens the skin. To allow the skin to oxidize its melanin, darken and create a tan, the skin requires a couple of tanning sessions. It is not possible to hurry this operation. Your tan, depending on the amount of melanin in your skin, will begin to deepen within 3-5 sessions. To achieve a darker look more easily, consider adding a custom airbrush to your UV sessions. We recommend to prime the skin with a tanning lotion to maximize the skin darkening while receiving UV light.
- Are your tanning units good for skin conditions like psoriasis & eczema ?Yes, they are. All of our tanning units have between 3-5% UVB, which is perfect for treating skin conditions like psoriasis & eczema. For certain patients, unsupervised sun exposure is a normal prescription to undergo phototherapy,” they concluded.” “The selected use of commercial tanning beds for the treatment of dermatological conditions may be another useful and effective treatment for patients who are unable to access phototherapy at the office or at home.” The research reviewed in the new study published in the Dermatology and Therapy journal indicates that sunbeds are a valid choice for psoriasis and may also be useful “as a treatment option for atopic dermatitis, fungal mycosis, acne, scleroderma, vitiligo, and pruritus, as well as other UV-sensitive dermatoses.” Learn More
- Do I have to book an appointment?Especially now with the new rules of COVID-19, we highly recommend all customers to book online. Click the BOOK ONLINE button at the top of the site.
- How often can I tan?By law, we can only tan you once every 24 hours. To build a tan, tan on a regular basis. Don’t let your tan spend too much time between visits or start to fade. It is recommended that between each session you wait 36-48 hours to allow your tan to grow completely between visits. You can grow your tan by rising indoor tan time gradually and tanning 2 to 3 days per week. When you’ve got a tan, one or two days a week you should keep it tanning.
- Can I tan under the age of 18 with parental consent?The provincial rules ban the sale of tanning services to those under 18 and require operators to request identification from anyone who appears to be under 25.